NOLA Misc.

Posted on 8:14 AM by jr cline | 0 comments


RestlessButterfly commented, "judging from the pictures the place looks a bit old-fashioned".  And she was right.  I thought I'd post a picture showing a bit of contrast between the French Quarter and  the more modern New Orleans.  This was taken looking down Royal Street. 
 
This lovely courtyard restaurant was across the street and a couple of doors down from the 905 Royal Hotel.  I didn't eat there.
  
This bridge spans the mighty Mississippi river.  I took the picture while standing atop the levy.
   
Like all cities, construction blocks some of the sidewalks.
 
Christy liked these boots.  I did too. They are quite colorful and seem to be made from a waterproof material.  One pair reminded me of the Beatles' movie Yellow Submarine.
   
This is a great little city vehicle.  If I lived in a city and this thing had a roof, I think it would be a good way to get around.   There were a lot of people riding around on bicycles, scooters, skateboards, and I saw one person on a Segway.
   



0 comments:

Post a Comment