Lens life 826 part two

Posted on 5:00 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

My life through a cellular lens
  
It's that time of year again around here.
Hot and dry
The farmers are out
  
making hay while the sun shines.
   
We've been clearing out my parent's old house 
for almost a year now.  
A difficult and tedious process at best.
  
The place is almost empty except for one room.
My siblings appear to be using it for storage.  
I don't really know, they don't share their plans with me.
 
I spent too much time sitting around there by myself this week.
I didn't do much work.
  
I was just sitting, letting go of memories, and grieving.
Saying goodbye and tying up loose ends in my heart I suppose.
  
My dad had an extensive library.
He loved books.  
There was a line in his budget for books each month. 
I know that is where my love of reading originates. 
   
The room that housed his library is now lined with empty shelves
and his books
    
sit in boxes on the carport waiting and waiting to be picked up.
  
People often say things and then don't follow through.
I'm used to that happening.
A minister should be a bit more dependable or
maybe it is just me.
Brings to mind Matthew chapter 12, especially verse 33.
I guess it is old fashioned to think a person's word is their bond.
   
I hope you all have a rockin' weekend!
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment