A Positive Day

Posted on 7:37 AM by jr cline | 1 comments

Christmas and Thanksgiving have always been family holidays for me.  Now that both my children are living on other parts of the planet and my parents have taken on a different form Thanksgiving isn't a day that seems special.  I attempt to be thankful every day.  I believe in living a life of gratitude and appreciate for all the wonder that surrounds me.  I often applaud and cheer when I step out the front door. 
  
Here is an abbreviated run down of my day.
 
I began my day with a cup coffee.  I turned on the colored lights and tuned in the Grateful Dead.  Yes, I'm a Dead Head.   I prepared and ate a small breakfast.  After washing my plate I sat down and caught up on some blogging and email.  When the sun came up I fed Einstein and Bilbo.
I worked on the Banner project for a few hours while Einstein walked around exploring the floor.
After taking a bath, I got ready to leave the house.   I thought it could be fun to go somewhere to read 'The Dharma Bums' and take some pictures. 
  
Along the way, I stopped to look at some motor homes.


  The place was closed and I didn't get to look inside.
  

Continuing on down the road, I came to the Ella S. Rowan Spring.  Travelers on the old stagecoach route would stop at Ms. Rowan's to get a drink from her spring.  She sold the spring to the city on the condition that the water would always be available at no charge to people who came by for a drink.
  
  On the same old stagecoach route I stopped to take photos in Mount Hebron Cemetery
   
It was odd to find two graves with my last name on them.  If I had some older living relatives, I'd ask them if they knew anything about those graves.
  
  Eventually I arrived at my sibling's house for Thanksgiving dinner.
  
We shared a delicious meal and had a lot of laughs.
  
It was a good day to be alive.
    
If you enjoyed this, you might also like:
  
   
  
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ralph I enjoyed your day as if I was right there with you.
I am looking forward to another journey.
Thank you.
Nan

Post a Comment